JACK NANUQ currently makes his living as a Private Investigator; hence the nom de guere (and no profile photo). Prior this occupation he lived the nine lives of a cat. He has been a teacher, police officer, park ranger, equipment operator, freight handler and even a ranch hand.
He has lived and worked in Egypt, Alaska, Oregon and New York (the State, not the City). He has snorkeled in the Red Sea. Slept on the Nile River and under the Northern Lights (but not at the same time). Walked among grizzlies, ridden his bike under the midnight sun, climbed Mt St Helens, and even jumped out of a perfectly good airplane.
He and his wife currently live on a small farm near Albany, NY. They share this property with three dogs, three cats, a handful of chickens and two peacocks. He enjoys, outdoor activities, writing, Tae Kwon Do and teaching self-defense.
How does a POW become a spy? And why? And what the hell is a GALCO? These are only a few of the questions Carson Nowak needs answers to.
Carson Nowak is a CIA contractor like none you’ve ever met before. Shortly after George W Bush is elected president Carson is tasked with retrieving a trunk load of documents. The order comes not from the Agency or even the President; but a higher authority, his Nana. In addition to the documents the trunk contains a war relic that is tied to a mysterious death just before D-Day. Tracing the provenance behind this relic triggers a chain of events that not only unlocks Carson’s family history but garners the interest of a South American hit squad. Carson must navigate the challenges of protecting his family, maintaining his business, ensuring the safety of a refugee developing a revolutionary weapons system, and deal with an infuriating curmudgeon. Along the way he falls in love. To navigate these challenges he must enlist the help of a pencil-thin code breaker, a claustrophobic corpsman and a Haitian nurse.
Top Ten List:
1. Like spending time in the woods, with a chainsaw
2. Like spending time in the woods, without a chainsaw
3. Love picking up random bits of trivia
4. Like teaching self-defense, especially to women
5. Have learned a lot about myself, through Tae Kwon Do. I hold the rank of First Dan (First degree black belt)
6. Enjoy sampling whiskeys. I keep coming back to Jameson
7. Cheesecake is my favorite vegetable
8. Love trying new foods, especially when made with Wild Game
9. Will never forget the first time I put my feet OUTSIDE an airplane
10. I will NEVER FORGET the rush I felt when my wife walked down the aisle.