2. I have a passion for history and archaeology. I love delving into the past and am in my element when I get the chance to explore ancient ruins.
3. Books and reading are an essential part of my life. My Dad taught me to read before I even started school and I’ve never been without a book in my hands ever since. I often have two or more on the go at the same time.
4. I’m at my happiest by the sea, with the sound of waves lapping on the shore. I think it must come from being born under the astrological sign of the crab!
5. My favourite time of year is early summer when the weather is warm, but everything is still fresh and green.
6. I’m originally from the UK and was lucky to grow up in a beautiful village in the Cotswolds.
7. My main home is in France, but I’ve been living in Abu Dhabi (in the UAE) for the past 6 years, because of my husband’s job.
8. One of my guilty pleasures is Sticky Toffee Pudding! I can never resist it when it’s on the menu.
9. My husband teases me for being uber-competitive!
10. As a former teacher of French and Latin, I obviously love languages. I speak several, some better than others, and never want to stop learning. I’m ashamed to say that my Arabic hasn’t yet progressed beyond the basic stages, though – it’s hard!