Karlie Lucas is a school crossing guard by day and a writer/artist by night.
A graduate of Southern Utah University, Karlie received a B.A. in Creative Writing, with a minor in art. She is a member of Sigma Tau Delta, The International English Honor Society, SCBWI, as well as ANWA, the American Night Writers Association.
Karlie is interested in all things magical and mysterious, especially elves and dragons. She is an avid fan of J.R.R. Tolkien and J.K. Rowling.
When not writing, Karlie can often be found drawing, baking, watching her favorite old school shows, or just spending time with her family.
She currently resides in Dallas, Texas with her husband and a cat named Kally.
With death threatening at every turn, Anwen must learn to rely on her newfound friends to survive.
1. J.R.R. Tolkien. I mean, who wouldn’t want to meet the “father” of fantasy?
2. J.K. Rowling. If she can make it with an oddball fantasy series, surely I can too, and I’d love to pick her brain about that.
3. Joan of Ark – I think her life story is just fascinating.
4. C.S. Lewis – He was an amazing writer. Can’t imagine what life would be like without Narnia.
5. Robin McKinley – She’s always been one of my fave fantasy authors. I have a few bones to pick though, about hinted stories that never got written.
6. Mark Twain – He seems like he’d have been a great guy to know.
7. Albert Einstein – Would love to meet the man who contributed so much to how we see the world.
8. King Charlemagne – An ancestor on both sides of the family, I understand he was one of the first people to instigate a public education system for his people. That, and he had some really cool things happen in his life.
9. Harrison Ford – He’s one of my fave actors of all time. He’s just awesome.
10. Danny Kaye – Another childhood favorite actor, I think Danny and I would have gotten along swimmingly. That, and the fact that he sang like a dream, even though he couldn’t read a note of music.